In Order to create a new A/B Testing for Layouts:
1. On The Left Sidebar Menu, Under “Inventory Management”, Select -> “Layouts”
On The Top Right Menu, Select A/B Testing
2. . Name your 2 Test Groups (For Example: One Might be “Control” and the other “Test”, Or alternatively 2 Test variants)
Allocate traffic % per each group:
3. Name the Test/Experiment (which includes the 2 variants we created in the previous step)
- Site - Select the Site where the test should be applied on.
- Query Params - Select whether the test should be applied to a specific inventory/User/Scenario based on a KV variable (Optional)
- Specific URL - Choose whether the test should be applied to all Site’s inventory or specific URL only (Contains/Equal)
- Countries - Select whether the test should be applied to All/specific countries (Include/Exclude)
- Operating Systems - Select whether test should be applied to All/specific OS
4. Create the desired serving policy for each variant created in step 2.
Under variant name, Press the large “+” Button
Select Ad type to be configured:
For each Ad type the following options can be configured:
1. Creative size to be supported under the selected ad type:
2, Viewability Optimization:
Choose whether Browsi’s AI Viewability Optimization should be applied to variant
3. Max Ads: Select Maximum ads to be allowed under that placement (relevant to inline ads only):
4. Target Placement - Select specific Placement (Div Selector in CSS) on page where Ad should be served.
After saving layouts for the 2 test variants, Test/Experiment should be activated by the “Activate” Button, positioned under the Test setting box.
A current Layout (Default or other variant’s ) can be applied to one of the variants, as a control group, or as a basis for modification by selecting the relevant “Copy” Option:
In Case the same policy/layout should be applied to all ad types, press the 3 Dots next to the Test/Experiment name and select “Advanced A”
AB Testing Layouts Overview
All Layouts (Defaults / Tests) are displayed under Inventory Management -> Layouts
Please note that as a default option, Only Layouts in “Active” status are displayed.
In order to see all layouts (including non-active), you may remove the “Active” Tag.
Layouts are categorized and displayed per Device Type (Desktop / Mobile &Tablet).
AB Testing Performance Data
Performance Data of experiments can be reached by clicking the A/B Test Tab on the Main Dashboard Page, or alternatively on Layouts Page, by clicking the 3 Dots next to the Test name and selecting “Dashboard”.
Best Practices for Layouts AB Testing:
1. Define Mild/Aggressive Ad Serving policies, where “Aggressive” allows:
- Additional Sizes Per same ad unit
- A greater maximum number of ads per page
- Less restrictions on page positions
2. Try running the more aggressive policy on “long tail” segments:
- Geos - Non-core Traffic
- Traffic Sources - Social traffic Users
- URLs - Specific Site Sections